Wednesday, August 31, 2011

When I Was In Prison...

I hope your summer is wrapping up nicely! What did you do? Where did you go?

Apart from eating a few too many fried things at a county fair, I had a great summer, working hard at a new project that is both terrifying and exciting. Here's a quick update on that:

NEW BOOK!

I spent much of my summer living in the empty homes of friends and strangers, while they were away on vacation, writing my 3rd book. It's much like my previous books, written from a personal perspective in the memoir style similar to Anne Lamott or Donald Miller -- and it's about freedom from fear, about learning to walk in the fullness of what Christ purchased for me on the cross.

It's called Orange Jumpsuit: Letters to the God Who Frees (hence the title of this blog entry) and it is the 3rd in my series of spiritual memoir / essays. If you're interested in reading part of the introduction, I've posted it on my KickStarter page:

http://www.tinyurl.com/orangejumpsuit

In order to release the book, I need to raise $5500 before Oct 3 through KickStarter. If you feel led to donate or even just to pre-order a copy of the book, that would go a LONG way in helping make this happen! (NOTE: KickStarter requires that ALL the funding be pledged before they draft it. So if I don't meet my goal, none of the money is taken from sponsors, and I don't get any funding at all.)

FALL/WINTER/SPRING TOURING:

I'd love to come speak at your college chapel service, or to your youth group, or lead worship at your singles retreat, or perform a concert at your house. Or whatever works! If you're interested in putting something like that together, please let me know ASAP, so we can get rolling with that! Booking a show is super easy. Just send me an email saying you're interested: booking@taraleighcobble.com

I hope you're all doing well, and I can't wait to see you out there soon!

Much love,
Tara-Leigh
http://www.taraleighcobble.com

No comments: