Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Photo Contest

Do you like to take photographs?
Do you fancy yourself a modern day Ansel Adams?
Are you awesome?

Because I want your pictures. For my next album cover.

We're holding a contest to see what kind of talent is happening out there! Send your original photo for use as my next album cover. The winner will receive full credit on the album and 5 free copies of the album when it releases!

Here are some rules and suggestions:


- Please send only high-quality photos.

- We're probably looking for something in black and white, sepia, or monochromatic tones.

- The album title is "Morning's War." Some themes of the album are: loss, time, ache, and space. This is relatively vague, I know, but we don't want to give you too much direction for fear of boxing in you creative types. :)

- Send your photo submissions along with your name and contact info to: shrinkingmusic@gmail.com . The subject of the email should be: TLC Photo Contest

- Deadline: Sept 20, 2010 (Monday)


Note: You must own the exclusive rights to the photo and be willing to give us the right to use the photo for any and all purposes associated with promotion, advertising, etc. Your name will be featured on the album as the photographer. The designer reserves the right to manipulate the photo, including but not limited to: cropping, enhancing, editing, and text overlay.

1 comment:

beckley said...

so....{a friend pointed me to you today}, do you want a depiction of loss or restoration after loss/pain/ache?

I'm not sure I have what you're looking for. I'm mainly a portrait artist (photographically speaking, of course), but also work in fashion and product photography.

I could also shoot for it. I know you don't want to lock us in, but can we access your music in order to maybe shoot for the shot?

I'll also think through my stock. I pulled some nice images last week in colorado on vacation and at a wedding, and I also have a great field/and/or abandoned nearby where something like this could be depicted.

I'll be thinking. I'm not sure I even have the time due to some stuff going on, but I will think. Thanks for the opportunity you're sharing.
Thanks,
Robyn.Beckley.Vining