Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I am word in God's mouth...




Bookstores feel like home to me. I used to stand in my family’s bookstore and wish I knew what all the books said without actually reading them. A few weeks ago I strolled the aisles of a big name bookstore, lightly tracing the spines of the books with the tips of my fingers, head tilted to the right, studying the fonts and letters of their names and authors, when it occurred to me:

Not only does God know everything these books say, but He knows what tree page 23 came from, He knows the man who planted that tree, and what was happening in that man’s life and heart when the tree was planted. God knows every person who stepped on that piece of ground before and since. And He holds all the information in His mind effortlessly.

This is the God who loves us. And for a broken person like me, that truth is infinitely comforting: to be known, fully, and yet still loved. How beautiful His love for us.

“In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed.” - Psalm 139:16

1 comment:

Amanda Steed said...

I love this!

Great post. Somehow your RSS feed got taken off my subscriptions, so I've been missing out on all this new stuff. I'm excited to go back and read it.