Monday, June 08, 2009

#8 Things I Love

#8: Anderson, SC

Where? It's where I live now. In case you're not up to date on TLC trivia, I moved from NYC to small town South Carolina in January. And I didn't really want to, but I knew God was calling me to do it.

Somewhere in the process, He changed my heart. I don't even know if it happened gradually or instantly. But it happened. And here's how I know:

1. I went back to NYC to visit last weekend.
2. It was exactly the same... the most glorious place on earth!!
3. Somehow, I wanted to leave the most glorious place and return to the place God has called me.

While Anderson is my home now, and NYC was my home then, what I realized on this trip is that God is my Home. And I'm okay to follow Him wherever He calls me, because it's where His peace surrounds and sustains me.

Actually, I'm better than okay to follow Him -- I'm ecstatic that I get to hear His voice at all, because even when He's not saying what I want to hear, the God of the Universe is speaking to me, directing me in His will because of His great love.

And that is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. In any city. And every city. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, I can't believe you left NYC. I never thought I would read that from you! But I'm so excited that you are where God wants you to be. "Lord it's your plan that matters, though I'm clogged with dreams and wishes of my own. You are my home."

Tommy Wafford said...

TLC in SC could it be?!? Haven't looked at your blog in a while but stoked you're back in the south (where people smile, even if they don't like you). My wife and I have been fans for a long time. God Bless.

Amanda Steed said...

"God is my Home. And I'm okay to follow Him wherever He calls me, because it's where His peace surrounds and sustains me. "

So so so true!

My husband and I have been talking lately about whether we want to move away after I finally finish my bachelor's degree, or if we want to stay in Texas. After our first two years of marriage being overseas, it's tempting to ignore what the Lord is saying and do what I want, but I know that's not what we're called to do. Your words are encouraging, I'm glad I'm finally getting a chance to read these!

Also, are you going to be in Texas anytime soon?? If you come to Dallas you can sleep on my futon!

-Amanda