Tuesday, April 08, 2008

lower case, confident.

(Note to the reader: If you're reading this in a blogreader, you're missing the beauty of the layout. )


lower case, confident. 

i’m lower case, eight-point font
in alabaster print
pages turned, you never read
the unassuming hint


GIRLS IN BOLD HELVETICA
ALWAYS CAUGHT YOUR EYE
OBVIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL,
THEIR LETTERS FILLED YOUR MIND


and though i am a patient girl
i’ll never waste my time
why would a word wait for a song
that chases every rhyme?

6 comments:

spiritofmumbling said...

You're so clever :) I love this!

janooose said...

i love this.

Annie said...

1) I'm glad you called me out of bloglines to enjoy the fullness of this post.

2) Awesome.

mandy foster said...

this is wonderful. your poetry has been fun to read.....also know that it is national humor month and national turn off your tv and read month. :)

The Musician said...

why, indeed, would you wait.

TLC said...

The Musician:

As I was writing this, I remember thinking of your song "Humpty Dumpty" -- SUCH a great song!!