Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Get excited!

I'm in the studio right now recording a new album!! YAY! And guess who is producing it... my old friend Josh Wilson, of The "So Hot Right Now" Tour. And guess who is playing on it... my old friend Lee McDerment, of Trailer Park Avenue.

This CD is a different than anything I've ever done before. It's going to be more stripped down, acoustic, intimate. Up to this point, all my albums have been full-band with elaborate production (with the exception of the Humor Me EP, which doesn't really count, because who wants to hear a string section on "The Redneck Anthem"?). I'm excited to do something smaller, more closely related to the live experience. It's also different for some other reasons, which I will tell you later.

We don't have a release date yet, but I'll keep you posted. Last time, when I released the Here's to Hindsight book and CD package, I almost died. It was CRAZY to try to release a book and an album at the same time, as an independent artist who doesn't have a whole team of people behind her. So I am pacing myself with this one. I'm going to record now, release the book on Jan 25, and then I'll release the CD whenever I feel like it! Just get ready, my friends.

xoxo,
TLC:)
*

5 comments:

Christine said...

How did you go from not having any songs the last time I saw you to recording an entire album? You are amazing!

The Hon said...

Now that you mention it, I think a string section on "The Redneck Anthem" is a great idea...just like "I Like Trees" needs a 1812 cannon...

Jud said...

For the guy who almost universally prefers the "intimate acoustic" nature of a small live performance, this is great news.

Michael D said...

ok....so im supa stoked about tlc unplugged....im also so pumped about your new book that i almost can't contained myself.

wow...reading over that i almost sound as if the next sentence should involve the words 'hang ten' and 'tubular'

lol

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty Tara! Congrats on the new book and on the new acoustic CD. Let your light so shine...