Monday, January 28, 2008

And the word of the day is...

I've spoken previously of my love for Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy Tea. What I've since learned is that the non-organic version is actually far superior to the organic. The non-organic is more potent and intense... yum! But with the organic, I have to use two tea bags per cup. With my larger cup (which I prefer), I use three. Since I drink about 5 cups per day, that gets pricey. Darn you, organic tea!

Anyway, if you haven't experienced the wonders of G.E.T. (Good Earth Tea), you may not know that they have famous quotes and sayings on the tea bags. They're fairly interesting and widely varied. Not long ago I was making a big cup, and I got the following three quotes:

"Our patience will achieve more than our force."
- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

"Time as he grows old teaches all things."
- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, Time."
- Pericles (490 BC - 429 BC)

Apparently the word of the day is: WAIT.

3 comments:

alex brandt said...

do you think God speaks to us through the sayings on tea bags? i assume it's prolly not his usual or favorite form of communication, but i imagine he prolly likes to have fun with it sometimes.

Chas said...

I am having my Original now!!

waiting for an answer said...

God has wonderful timing w/ His great sense of humor! i was feeling so frustrated i was in tears moments ago b/c i was supposed to find out about a job today...that has been postponed due to human timing. i opened my e-mail and there was tlc news, then i clicked the link to your blog and stumbled on this little ditty about patience! i think God is trying to teach me to have more! HAHA! thanks for the post!