Monday, December 24, 2007

Get a FREE COPY of my NEW BOOK!

Since you’re spending most of your vacation time reading and re-reading the wisdom of my blog, I’ve decided to run a contest to benefit you, reader. I hereby announce my WIN IT BEFORE YOU CAN BUY IT (although it will be shipped on the same day) BOOK CONTEST! The person with the most correct answers will receive a free copy of my latest book, Crowded Skies: Letters to Manhattan.

Photobucket


Here’s how it works. Grab a piece of paper and the modern writing tool of your choice. Scroll through the pictures below and match the name with the person in the image. Obviously, you don’t know most of these people (unless you are one of the people I have issued a restraining order against, or one of my parents, or both). Some of the people below appear in my first book, Here’s to Hindsight: Letters to My Former Self, and some of them appear in my upcoming book, Crowded Skies: Letters to Manhattan.

You will have to use your deductive reasoning skills to figure this out. Try to recall descriptions of past characters. Try to imagine upcoming descriptions of future characters. Tap into your ESP. Read my old blog entries. Google. Whatever it takes. There are 17 pictures here and 20 names. That means 3 of the names will be extras that you will NOT use. Leave your answers in the comments (anyone can comment). Good luck, Grasshopper.

Winner will be announced on Jan. 7. In the event that more than one person guesses all the right answers, I will write the winners' names down on pieces of paper, put them into a bowl of ice cream, eat the ice cream, and see which person I dream about that night. Or maybe I'll just draw a name at random.

NAMES:

-Adrienne – roommate and Texan
-Amanda– NYC friend who walks dogs for famous people
-Antonio – “dashing Italian with a brain that won’t quit”
-Basim – Texan currently living abroad
-Beth – Texan friend who edited both books
-Danger – moved to the jungles of Bolivia
-Dave Barnes – musician, comedian
-Ester – NYC friend who edited both books
-Jane – “Pretend I’m Not ____” friend of HTH fame
-Janice – childhood friend whose dad invented Testamints
-Jared & Kristianna – Colorado friends who give me lodging and laughter
-Josh Goodwin – male model who talked me into moving to NYC
-Lauren - friend from my small group in NYC
-Josh Wilson – tourmate and musician
-Kemper Crabb – my mentor that I nicknamed “Gandalf”
-Lee – pastor friend from South Carolina
-Matt Wertz – musician friend who sings on a few of my albums
-My Boyfriend – tall and brilliant
-Scott Seibold – road manager once upon a summer
-Shawn Barry – friend who is a part of my support system


PHOTOS:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

10 comments:

Cristin Whitley said...

1. Josh Wilson
2. Jared and Kristianna
3. Jane
4. Amanda
5. Danger
6. Your hot hot boyfriend
7. Shawn Barry
8. Adrienne
9. Scott Seibold
10. Beth
11. Josh Goodwin
12. Matt Wertz
13. Kemper Crabb
14. Lee
15. Ester
16. Dave Barnes
17. Basim

Anonymous said...

This is a great contest! I hope I win!! Or at least get an A on this test :-) And you know I didn't cheat by changing my answers after seeing someone else's because I'm the first to comment! Love and miss you much!

kristen wright

here are my answers:

1-Josh Wilson
2-Jared & Kristianna
3-Jane
4-Amanda
5-Danger
6-Your Boyfriend, the Chrysler himself
7-Shawn Barry
8-Adrienne
9-Scott Siebold
10-Beth
11-Josh Goodwin
12-Matt Wertz
13-Kemper Crabb (Gandalf)
14-Lee
15-Ester
16-Dave Barnes
17-Basim

yay!

alisa said...

*check your email TLC*

Zaldor said...

My Answers:

-Adrienne – Pic #8
-Amanda–
-Antonio –
-Basim – Pic #17
-Beth – Pic #10
-Danger – Pic #5
-Dave Barnes –
-Ester – Pic #15
-Jane – Pic #3
-Janice –
-Jared & Kristianna – Pic #2
-Josh Goodwin – Pic #11
-Josh, Seth, Shawn –
-Josh Wilson – Pic #1
-Kemper Crabb – Pic #13
-Lee – Pic #14
-Matt Wertz – Pic #12
-My Boyfriend – Pic #16
-Scott Seibold – Pic #9
-Shawn Barry – Pic #7

Thanks Tara!!

heather p said...

I think I'd get three of them, including #6.
I can't wait to see if their guesses are the real anwers.
Antonio isn't there? Dang. I really wanted to see what he looked like ;)
Merry Christmas! I think I'll just buy the book myself!

TLC said...

Hmm. some of you are doing alright!

As for me, I have opened this blog probably 30 times today, because I absolutely love looking at pictures of all these people -- they are so amazing and I'm so glad to have them in my life. There are about 50 other people I'd love to throw in the mix too (you know who you are!!!), but that would be waaaay too much to put everyone through for a free book.

All this to say: I have realized early on this Christmas morning that I have been blessed immensely in the gift of friendships. Those pictured, those not, those reading... I love you and wish you all the happiest of holidays!

Amanda Steed said...

When can we buy it???


I can't wait! woo hoo!

stephanie said...

josh wilson
jared & kristianna
jane
amanda
dANGER
boyfriend
shawn
adrienne
scott
beth
josh goodwin
wertz
kemper
lee
ester
barnes
basim

amy ellen said...

1. Josh Wilson
2. Jared and Kristianna
3. Jane
4. Amanda
5. Danger
6. The Boyfriend
7. Shawn Barry
8. Adrienne
9. Scott Seibold
10. Lauren
11. Josh Goodwin
12. Matt Wertz
13. Kemper Crabb
14. Lee
15. Ester
16. Dave Barnes
17. Basim

Crossing my fingers...oh, the anticipation...

Jess said...

1 Josh Wilson
2 jard and kristianna
3 jane
4 amanda
5 danger (who now has dreadlocks...woop, woop)
6 my boyfriend (well...not mine...yours)
7 shawn berry
8 adrienne
9 scott siebold
10 janice
11 josh goodwin
12 matt wertz
13 kemer
14 lee
15 ester
16 dave barnes
17 basom


btw... my almost 14 yo (Feb. 2) daughter turned me on to your music. Love it! Bought her HTH for Christmas she read it in 2 days, and I just finished reading it. The last couple of chapters were such a challenge to live an authentic life of faith.

Grace and Peace-
Jess