Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Name my book...

Dear readers:

Sorry for the delay in posting. The good news is: I have a new(ish) car! His name is Linus and I will post a picture of him soon. Thanks for all your help, prayers, suggestions, etc. You're the best! In the end, I went with another Camry, because they are the most reliable car on the road. I should get a free one for how much I promote them. Anyone know a suit at Toyota?

In other news... my new book comes out next month. It's a bit of a follow-up to my first book, Here's to Hindsight: Letters to My Former Self. So if you haven't read that one yet, get on it! Time's a wastin'!

This book, though, is more about my move to New York City and discerning God's will along the way. We've got a title (taken from my song "O Beautiful" about NYC), but we need a subtitle! So, please leave your suggestions in the comment section. Even if you aren't a registered member of Blogger, you can still comment!

I kind of like the parallelism between my last book title and the first two in this list (Letters to My Former Self... Letters to New York City... Letters to Manhattan), but I'm interested in hearing your feedback!

Here are the options:

Crowded Skies: Letters to New York City

Crowded Skies: Letters to Manhattan

Crowded Skies: How I Fell in Love with New York City

Crowded Skies: A Love Story for Manhattan

Crowded Skies: How I'm Learning to Love the Better Things, Despite
Usually Wanting the Bad Things

Crowded Skies: How God Moved Me to Manhattan and Painted My Wall

Crowded Skies: Thoughts on New York City

Crowded Skies: Thoughts on Finding God's Direction

Crowded Skies: How New York City Taught Me To Love God More

Crowded Skies: From the South to the City, Finding God Along the Way

Crowded Skies: Finding God in New York City

Thanks for your help!
~TLC:)

16 comments:

Benjamin said...

My vote is:
"Crowded Skies: From the South to the City, Finding God Along the Way"

Alternatively:
"Crowded Skies: From the South to the City--with a stop in Storrs along the way--Finding God Along the Way"

BD

Kristianna said...

Tara Leigh,

I heart Crowded Skies: Letters to New York City.

I also heart -->

Crowded Skies: I heart NY (with the graphic, not the word).

xo,
Kristianna

Luke said...

If you don't mind, I'd like to suggest a tweak to an option you already gave. Crowded Skies: Letters to my New York City. I think the addition of a single word gives it an even stronger parallelism and implies a kind of ownership, or something endearing. Somewhere along the lines of "...and my beloved is mine" kind of thing. Come to think of it, maybe it should be "...to my beloved New York City." Hmm. I actually like "...to my Manhattan" better, but it sounds like you might be writing to a cocktail...albeit a very delicious one. :-)

amanda said...

I like

Crowded Skies: How God Moved Me to Manhattan and Painted My Wall

-Amanda

alisa said...

I came on to vote for Crowded Skies: Letters to New York City but I LOVE Luke's suggestion of changing it to MY New York city. Well done Luke.

TexanNewYorker said...

I agree with Benjamin:
"Crowded Skies: From the South to the City, Finding God Along the Way"

If I saw it in a bookstore, I'd grab it immediately, because it sounds like the story of my own life. Of course, all it would have to say is "Tara Leigh Cobble" for me to GRAB it, but based on title alone . . . so that's my vote. Can't wait to read it!

Lindsay said...

Crowded Skies: From the South to the City, Finding God Along the Way

<--- This one

and I sat and tried to make up a funny alternative to add... but alas...

-L!

chipg said...

Was my comment unapproved? I'm so sad...

ester said...

now that i think about it, "God Among the Skyscrapers" would also be a really good subtitle.

Chad said...

I like Letters to My New York City also. My vote is for that.

amy ellen said...

Hey Tara Leigh,
I loved the first book and can't wait to read the second...
Going along with the suggestions, I also like Letters to New York City or Letters to Manhattan...but kind of going along with the suggestion about "Letters to MY New York City"...what about just "Letters to my City". People are always saying "I live in the City" when talking about NYC. Just a thought. :)
--From a fellow Greeneville native and fan :)

Abbyrose said...

I like "Crowded Skies: Finding God in New York City" best.

Stephanie said...

Who let Luke on here??

I vote

"Crowded Skies: Love Letters from the Chrysler Building:

Heather p said...

It's good to hear from you again! it's been awhile.
I like the first one and the last one the best.
Is it as good as the first book? ;)

Anonymous said...

I liked Luke's suggestion too, but wondered what you think if it was tweeked even a little bit more: "Crowded Skies: Love Notes to Manhattan"

Luke said...

Dang Stephanie, why didn't you just go ahead and suggest:

"Crowded Skies: Good, Sweet, Lovin' from the Chrysler Building...Bow Chica Wow Wow...you know what I'm sayin'?"