Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Best Gift EVER!

Okay, I have three presents for you, but only one of them is a present. You'll see what I mean:

1. I named my book. I'm sure you're dancing around your computer now, as you've been holding your breath for daaays. And so here it is, the follow-up to Here's to Hindsight: Letters to My Former Self:

Crowded Skies: Letters to Manhattan

I couldn't resist the continuity, and my designer threatened to kill me if I didn't let him use the word "Manhattan" which he described as "a beautiful word, a veritable cityscape of lettering." And then when I saw all those double t's alongside all those a's and n's and e's together, I knew he was right.

I'll post more info soon about how you can PRE-ORDER the NEW BOOK as a CHRISTMAS GIFT for a loved one (including yourself). How's that for subtle?

2. Speaking of things that are threatening to kill me (i.e. my designer, see above), I am still getting emails about a certain article I wrote two years ago. Seriously, people?

I'm fairly certain that one of them is behind this proposed monstrosity in my neighborhood, which will certainly contribute to my demise, as well as the demise of New York City, its history, architectural integrity, beauty, and character. Keep this crap out of here.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3. Finally, the gift. If you want to give someone something that will truly change them, you, and the world around you, give a gift in their honor from the GFA gift catalog. Gifts start at $1 and you can give things like a water purifier ($25), a Bible ($3), chickens ($10), goat ($55), or a bicycle for a missionary ($105). You will not regret it, and if the person you give it to doesn't like it, then they are a soul-less chump. This will be a good way to really find out what your friends are made of. If they act all disappointed, then punch them in the kidneys!

Here's the link:
GFA Christmas Catalog

Oh, I should probably take back that part about punching them in the kidneys... based on responses I've gotten to previous writings, I might still be getting letters about it in 2009.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

oooh... that thing is UGGGGGGGLY. Seriously. I think that would definitely win the award for ugliest building in Manhattan, should it so sorrowfully come to completion. Ick. And what is it supposed to be??? That is my question. Anyways, Still??? Letters? My goodness. Your next book should be "It Won't Be You: letters to people who have no life."
:-)
love you!