Thanks to the many of you who have replied about the car. I really appreciate your willingness to help, pray, look, etc. You are awesome.
As a general "heads up" here are a few things I'm looking for:
- A 4-door car or small SUV.
- Good gas mileage (27mpg+)
- I don't care if it has dents, different colored panels, etc... I only care that it is reliable. I drive about 50k miles per year, and I need something that will survive the 12-hour drives across deserts and mountains and long, lonely highways where I don't have cell phone service.
- While minivans are usually spacious and get good mileage, they are a bad option for two reasons:
1. Parking in NYC is tough. The smaller the car, the better.
2. They don't have trunks. I keep a lot of stuff in my trunk when I travel, and if it is visible, it's more likely to be stolen.
- SUVs tend to have the same problem, although some SUVs have a panel that you can pull down to cover the stuff in the trunk. Jeep Libertys are pretty great because of the window/storage-space layout.
- Ideally, I would just get another Camry, because well, it was perfect. But I'm open.
- Also, I am poor.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning to head out west on tour, but I'll be flying, so I don't need a car. If you're anywhere near Portland, OR, or Seattle, WA, you should come and catch a show!