Saturday, September 22, 2007

Between the Lines

The soundtrack for this blog is "Between the Lines" by Sara Bareilles.

09.07.07
One of my favorite spots: The Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, with rowboats in the background. They say if you sit there long enough, everyone in the world will walk by.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And now for some recent show goodness. Like this one that I played with the Jonah guys in Sparta, NJ.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When no one is asking for my autograph, I often resort to yoga.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is sort of an inside joke that I'm going to let you in on: My friend Janice has a dad. And that dad is one of the inventors of Testamints. Now you know the story. Well, Janice came to the show with our friends Kyla and Bobby, and they made this nifty sign, which Kyla is holding up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here, the dudes and I also declare our love.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.08.07
At the end of the night, Janice volunteered to pull up the carpet covering. Or perhaps make a lovely Saran Wrap train for her wedding dress.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.09.07
Erica, Karen, Shaun, Melody, and I went to Lee's roof. His view will bowl you over (foreshadowing!!!). Karen demonstrates.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.10.07
Jessye and I went to a fashion party at Hotel QT, which is pretty popular because of its pool.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Neither of us felt cool enough to hang out by the pool, and we didn't bring our suits, so we went for a quick workout.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On the way home, someone drew a large crowd while playing a 9/11 conspiracy movie in Union Square.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.11.07
So maybe Lauren and I went to see Pete Holmes, John Mulaney, and God's Pottery, and maybe JIM GAFFIGAN showed up!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And also, here is the aforementioned God's Pottery. Hi-lar-ious.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.12.07
Walking home in the early morning hours, I passed this scene on the 2nd Avenue. The chair and Sunkist belong to a halal vendor who agreed to let me take a picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And another.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.13.07
Driving out to a show on Long Island, I saw the site of the 1964-1965 World's Fair.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.14.07
You know what? I think I will.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.15.07
Erica and I ordered some Insomnia Cookies online while we were sitting in my window. Half an hour later, this guy pulled up on a bike and handed them to us. This is the beauty of street-level.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lou, who hangs out across the street, wanted in on the goods.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yay!!! We love Insomnia Cookies!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.16.07
You may or may not know of my fondness for snakes. But I was super excited when I saw this girl in the subway station. She had just purchased her new snake and her sister bought an iguana. You are probably glad you didn't have to ride on the train home with them, but I loved it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.17.07
These kids were building forts with the boxes from their parents' booths at the street fair.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.18.07
Photo shoot with Tec on Lee's roof.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, Lee's roof. Glorious! And if you look closely, you can see the tower of the castle at the Shakespeare Gardens in the park!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

09.20.07
After much hype, we finally made our way to ChikaLicious. The sign on the door says "SOLD OUT" which is the only thing that deters the ever-present line.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's a great place to go when you don't want to feel guilty about eating dessert. Exhibit A:


I'm suffering from a bit of a cold and I need to get some sleep for this weekend's shows and speaking engagement schedule, but before I go, I have a question:

What size photos do you prefer on the blog?
LARGE - like in most of these photos?
Or SMALL - like the one from 09.20.07?


Leave you preference in the comments. You don't have to be registered to comment. Thanks!

Off to drink some tea and head to bed now,
~TLC
*

8 comments:

teh = the said...

I prefer large pictures, and even larger cookies... oatmeal raisin perhaps?

Kimberly Simpson said...

my vote is for the large!

Christine said...

Large :) LOVE LOVE LOVE Bethesda Fountain too and that photo....nice.

Jane said...

whatever size that allows you to see clearly. On 9.20.07 couldn't tell what the pic was supposed to be showing me but then the dessert pic below it was perfectly fine.

I saw God's Pottery over the summer... toooo funny!

Catherine said...

AHHH we have insomnia cookies at my campus..they are a freaking Godsend!!!!!!!!!

and yes large

testamintsismypops said...

large please.

thank you for using my pictures in this blog! i feel so honored.

haha yesterday i was in CA visiting a friend and we went to a christian bookstore that had testamints on the counter and i told him about my dad and he then like made an announcement to the store.

then we were looking on the shelves and i was like sean..you are going to think i am so famous. beware! and i showed him your book and he died laughing. i'm going to have him read it now too. haha

that is a monster comment.

Carissa said...

large! love your blog!

Polly said...

So interesting. More information!: Insomnia Cookies Bye!