Friday, August 17, 2007

Finding He-Man

Not long ago, I was having Saturday brunch with my friend Gretchen at Friend of a Farmer. We were eating at one of the outside tables on the sidewalk of Irving Place, which is situated between Union Square and Gramercy Park, when both of us witnessed a sight that left us dumbstruck: we saw He-Man.

At least, that's what the locals call him. There's actually a website that tracks his whereabouts.

Two days ago, I spotted him again as I was leaving my post office. I snapped this shot as he walked away so I could report the sighting. Typically, he's alone, but this time he had a friend with him. Didn't appear to be Skeletor.

08.13.07
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On Tuesday night, my friends and I ventured out to one of the many free events that is part of NYC's River-to-River Festival, a four-month summer celebration. Every week, there are at least six public spaces where you can see a free movie outside... we opted to hit up Elevated Acre for a free viewing of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Elevated Acre is a park on top of a building in the financial district. It's glorious! Also, there was free water and popcorn. Yippee! Here are some pictures.

View:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

People I Don't Know:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

08.14.07
Movie!:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sadly, I didn't spot He-Man at the movie. Maybe if they ever show Masters of the Universe, he'll make an appearance. Until then...

3 comments:

Bethany said...

So there's this guy I know and every time he looks at my iPod, he comes across one of your songs and get's all weird. "Tara Leigh Cobble... have you ever met her? You did? Yeah?" and some other stuff I can't remember.

You leave quite the impression on people.

Lee Ann said...

What happens to he-man when it gets cold?

does he wear actual clothing?

Lee Ann said...

What happens to he-man when its cold outside?
does he wear actual clothing?

intense.