Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back in June

So much has been happening, you guys... it's hard to blog it all sometimes! I will try to update you on what has happened this month. I'm 85% done with the first draft of the book. Exciting! Also: I'm blogging this while watching the Paris Hilton interview with Larry King, so if I accidentally type the word "cell" or "orange jumpsuit" in the middle of a sentence, that's why. Here we go:

06.01.07
Sometimes we hang out in my window. Actually, we do it a lot.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.02.07
Jane came to visit for the weekend, so I took her to the bubble, because we needed some free entertainment.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.03.07
Sunday brunch with Jane, Lauren, & Amanda at Sapa, then headed to Sheep Meadow in Central Park to hang out.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bradford came too!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.04.07
My friend Kamel works at Calvary St. George's Church. I snuck in and took some pics. This might be illegal.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A nightmare for those with ADD.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.05.07
Decided to change up my writing locale, so I skipped Doma and headed to The Bean. It rained while I was walking, but fortunately I had this sweet new mushroom umbrella that I bought from a street vendor for $10 !!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.06.07
I got this birthday present from Ester, and it is freaking awesome. It's called City Secrets. The inscription inside says, "To the best naturalized New Yorker around!" That's quite a present in itself, as if the book weren't enough.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.07.07
I so adore summer rainstorms. I always hope I'll get drenched when I am not carrying my laptop or anything important. I really wanted to go over to Jack and dine with the people under the awnings.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.08.07
I lost the back of my VX8300, so I had to get this ridiculous-looking holder so that the battery wouldn't fall out. If you have this phone and don't need your back for some reason (perhaps you happen to LOVE using the holder -- who knows?), I would love to have it. Until I get can an iPhone in about a million years, I will have to use this thing, which I have dubbed "The Dad Protector" because everyone I know who uses these holders is a dad.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.09.07
Manhole fire on Fifth Avenue! Stinky. But I don't think anyone was hurt.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.10.07
I saw this man while eating at French Roast on 6th Ave, and he won me over. His sandals were worn and he was carrying a book that looked like it was going to fall out of its binding. This man had some serious personality happening. I love seeing people like this on the street.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.11.07
I taught songwriting at a summer arts camp once, and I met an amazing girl named Susanna Vagt. She traded me one of her paintings for two of my CDs. What a deal! I've had her art on display in my house ever since. I just tracked her down on Facebook and she's studying art in college now!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.12.07
Forgot to take my camera out today, because the battery died. So now I'm home now and don't have any idea what to shoot. How 'bout this great new tea that I love? I drank it once in Dallas and was so happy with it that I asked the waitress to bring me the package. I carried it around for 2 months before I could find it anywhere. I finally located it online, thanks to my friend Emmalea. Woo!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.13.07
Headed to TN for a few days, and my mom mentioned that she likes "those Wallflowers from Bath & Body Works." Since there isn't a B&B anywhere near my parents' house, I stopped to pick up a few scents for her. I got one for me too. It's Magnolia and I can't stop loving it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.14.07
I am about 7 years behind, but I just started watching Felicity via Netflix. The Dean & Deluca where she worked is right around the corner from my apartment, so I went there to work. They have tons of tables and outlets, and they do not hassle you to leave. It's great if you aren't looking for something cozy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.15.07
Amanda and I went to Nashville to sell all my stuff there, and I finally saw one of the R2D2 mailboxes that the USPS put out. We had these in NYC, but I think they all got defaced.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.16.07
Even though I sold almost everything (and left the rest sitting on the curb), I did save a few things that I found in my pile of belongings. This sweet Bodum French Press made the cut.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.17.07
Somehow, I didn't get any pics of the gigantic yard sale or even of Amanda. We did see this billboard that Bradford put up, though. If you think he's cute, give him a call.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.18.07
Back to NYC, $900 richer. Let's celebrate by going to a free comedy show, mmkay? Gee, I hope Fabrice Fabrice is there...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Seth Meyers from Saturday Night Live...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Leo Allen, but with only one leg. I know it seems like a lot to ask, but I just think it would be awesome...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.19.07
Ladies and gentlemen, Rob Riggle. I have never laughed so hard.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.20.07
I picked up these new running shoes at Off Broadway in Nashville... on sale for $44 from $115!!! They are my first pair of Asics, and after running in them for the first time today, I've gotta say... I love 'em! I'm training for a race, and they are so less-back-hurty than my old New Balances. Despite all logic, I have the arches of a ballerina and these fit like a dream! If you have super-high arches, these shoes are for you, my friends.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.21.07
If you're going to run a race, you have to also drink this yummy stuff, right? Actually I drink this all the time anyway, because I seriously love it. Let's be honest, though... it looks like motor oil.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.22.07
Bradford's birthday at The Bohemian!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If you don't come to his party, Amanda will beat you up!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thank goodness all these people showed up...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Zach looks like he's about to take out a few people, too. Left hook!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.23.07
Lauren finally finished the teaching job she abhorred, so I went with her, Erica, Bob, and Mark (those may or may not be their real names) to celebrate on a yacht.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Whatever... I do this yacht thing all the time... it's no big deal..."
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here are a few fun views from the yacht's departure.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.24.07
They were giving these away on my corner, so, you know, whatever. It served me well since I forgot to take a picture today.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.25.07
MTV was filming something outside my window.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

06.26.07
Went to Benny's with the gang. There was a lot of playing with toothpicks going on.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here, Amanda points out that Sam has a gold star. He got it for brushing his teeth every day this week!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sibling love.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And now for a story line. I call this one "Stephanie Zungre Sells Her Soul," starring Stephanie Zungre as herself and Amanda Janes/Fairchild/Jones (whatever her SAG name is?) as Satan. (Sidenote: All but one of these pictures was actually candid... I have unbelievably animated friends.)

Scene I, Act 1: Satan lures Stephanie to try clove cigarettes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Scene I, Act 2: Satan taunts Stephanie for giving in.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Scene II, Act 1: Stephanie is forced to sign over her soul.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Scene II, Act 2: The downward spiral begins.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Scene III: Total regret.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And... scene!

Wow, what a terrible way to end a blog. Perhaps I'll end with this video instead... it's Fabrice Fabrice talking with Seth Meyers and Leo Allen. Yes, it's comedy, but guess what... no curse words! Stephanie Zungre would be proud. Here's the setup: Fabrice Fabrice, a character played by Nick Kroll, is the craft services director (they provide the "food and tiny waters" to the stars) on many television shows. Enjoy!


*

7 comments:

TexanNewYorker (Kyleen) said...

Odwalla Superfood! Glad I'm not the only one who likes to drink motor oil. Sometimes I like to get Naked instead. You know, Naked. The Green Machine flavor that looks like snot. (What did you think I meant?)

Christine said...

OMG, I am a huge Felicity fan. You're going to fall in love with it. I'm so jealous you can just walk to that Dean & DeLuca...OHH I wish it was fall right now!

TLC said...

Kyleen - glad to know I'm not the only one. :) I buy it at Trader Joe's because it's about $3 cheaper than everywhere else.

Christine - how dare you wish fall on us! Summer is the besssst! But yes, I love Felicity so far... I'll finish Season 2 today. Halfway done.

Jud said...

I love my VX8300, but alas, I have no spare back.

janice said...

i loved felicity so much i never wanted it to end so i never watched the last episode so i wouldn't know who she ended up with or what happened. its too good to me for it to end. haha

i miss you tons! touring is tough. you are great for doing it so often. i never realized what kind of a lifestyle change it is!!

-Ryan said...

So ya... you lost the back cover to your phone? I looked everywhere online for you and couldn't find an original cover but they do sell extended battery and cover. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-VX8300-8300-EXTENDED-OEM-BATTERY-DOOR-COVER_W0QQitemZ160141150870QQihZ006QQcategoryZ35165QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Perhaps this will help you not look like a soccer mom. :-)

-Ryan said...

P.S. I love my 8300 but I don't have a spare. :-(