Thursday, February 01, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

I was tagged by Christine, so I must participate in this.

The rules are as follows: Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post telling 6 weird things about themself... as well as clearly state the rules. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

*****************


1. I have an unnatural affection for the Chrysler Building. I refer to it as "My Boyfriend," as do many of my friends.

2. Do you have a favorite intersection? I do. It's Post Oak & Westheimer in Houston, TX. Two Starbucks (one is a 24-hour store, and it has a drive-thru), Jamba Juice, Barnes & Noble, the Galleria, a big shiny spindle thing around the traffic signal, beautiful greenery, and did I mention that the Starbucks has an outdoor patio? I love The Intersection.

3. I am addicted to hydration. I am always either drinking water, applying lip gloss, putting on lotion, or chewing gum. And those four things are nearly always in my purse.

4. I don't get sleepy. I get tired, but not sleepy. Not unless I've been running on empty for a week OR unless I take melatonin.

5. I don't really listen to much music. This is particularly weird since I am a musician by trade. My friend suggested that perhaps it's similar to the way a sommelier is more selective about the wines he drinks. I have no theory of my own yet.

6. Perhaps I am too selective about my entertainment pursuits. Recently, I started watching Gilmore Girls (it's actually quite witty). But before I agreed to watch the first episode, I made my friend tell me about all the characters. I refused to invest in the show if I wasn't going to like the people on it. That's probably quite weird.

Now I'm tagging:
Split Ends
Lindsay
Carla Jean
Botso
Dovie
Alissa (and/or Tom)

Note: JV, Dr. D, The Hon, and Alisa -- I almost selected you but decided to leave our other friends someone to select from when they have to "pass it on." Just know that I thought about you, and that I eagerly await your turn on the circuit.
*

7 comments:

alisa said...

Well, Im not your lover so I understand.

Carla said...

:snort:

I DO have a favorite intersection - two of 'em, actually. So I'm going to write it here.

OK, this is sort of the more obvious one, but Five Points South in Birmingham is awesome. It's sort of the meeting point for all sorts of different people and cultures. And within a block of it, you've got my favorite Sbx in the world (two stories!), a Thai restaurant, bbq, a wine bar and the most delicious French restaurant. And the best used CD store in town, AND my church.

The less obvious answer is the intersection of 29th Avenue and 18th Street South in Homewood, AL. Last night one of my friends who grew up in Homewood told me that I'm more Homewood than he is ... OK, mostly because I keep up with people he graduated with more than he does, but I'm also IN Homewood more often than he is. Anyway, there's a couple of benches on the street corner where I like to sit and drink coffee and read or write when it's nice outside. (Too cold here lately!) My favorite coffee shop is on 18th, as well as a bunch of fun stores - boutiques, a good CD store, that sort of thing. Oh, and good restaurants too. And my hair salon is on 29th. I just LOVE Homewood and sometimes think I live there, even though I don't.

Xavierism said...

Bon dia!

I'm honoured that you found your way to my blog. Thank you! I knew you had a blog because I always see the link on your site but never clicked on the link! *DUH*

I feel like I'm an inch closer to you know! *<]:O

Favourite intersection? I can't remember the exact spot but it's in the Little Italy section of NYC. I can remember standing at this particular intersection enjoying the sounds of the city & traffic, the smells from the various restaurants and vendors, and all the wonderful shoppes in every direction. I loved it. I can't wait to enjoy a weekend in NYC with Rodan.

I can't wait to see you again. Until then, I have your wonderful music that makes me feel alive and appreciate life. Thanks so much!

Wine Bar? YUM! I'm cravin' a glass of wine...and it's not even Noon!

Love ya, Chica Boo!

*CHEERS*

Jenni said...

I'm all about hydration, too! And I love The Gilmore Girls as well as that intersection.

I need to get your book!

Christine said...

'Scuse me, but I don't know if we can be friends if you watch the Gilmore Girls!!! But I'm glad you answered my tag. Miss you!

Dennis said...

TLC, thanks for the mention- speaking of weird things, the picture associated with my comments was taken of me in central park when I was 5. I thought I was about to fall to my early demise, so while I hung on for dear life, my dad thought he ought to take a picture before saving me from certain death. I had to repeat the photo last year when I went back. The scariness I felt as a 5 year old was somehow missing, but the nostalgia was cool.
I like that same intersection, but I've never really thought about having a fav, so I don't know what it would be.

Dennis said...

Well, shoot. blogger stinks. and my picture isn't showing up.