Sunday, February 11, 2007

Completely Ir-relevant

02.07.07
This is a bad shot, but the most interesting thing I took from the day. This gas station had actual cars on the roof. Racing is kind of a big deal in Florida. (Ocala, FL)


02.08.07
Went to get an oil change. It took 45 minutes. Later, Lindsay and I drove by and the "Jiffy" was burned out. That explains it. They were totally un-jiffy. (Lakeland, FL)


02.09.07
Taped podcasts for RELEVANT and RADIANT today. This is Adam from RELEVANT, performing Friday's traditional palm tree dance to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'." It doesn't get better than that. (Winter Park, FL)


02.10.07
Matt and I ate fantastic sandwiches on the beach. And he is certainly secure in his masculinity. (Vero Beach, FL)


I'm going to report on several books soon, but probably not until after I get back from the cruise. Wheee! We leave on Monday for Belize, Cozumel, and Key West, traveling via Royal Caribbean.

I'm super excited about the cruise, except that I'll be missing Valentine's Day. It's pretty much my favorite holiday in the world, so I'm sad that I will be at sea and won't get to bake fun things for all my single friends. But please know that I love you all and that I'm sending you imaginary gift baskets!
*

6 comments:

Dennis said...

I heard that Roof-Racing is popular down there too, although it can be tough to figure out who the winner is later on...

Lindsay said...

yay. pictures from la florida! thanks for letting me trail around after your gloriousness. hahah. was that over the top enough for ya?

dennis said...

That guy's wearing a white belt! He must be secure...
Oh, and thanks for the gift basket! I'm imagining eating the dark chocolate truffles right now!

split ends said...

I miss you! Hope you haven't gotten stuck in an engine room or attacked by a palm tree! Come back soon...

Chad said...

hi
I was listening to the Relevant podcast interview and heard you mention the "jiffylube" incident...Somehow in my mind i pictured the JiffyLube i used to frequent in Lakeland, FL when i was a student at Southeastern College there...upon visiting here, i saw your "lakeland" tag on the pic and literally laughed out loud!
Chad

Daniel said...

What I love about podcasting is that as I'm typing this comment, I'm listening to the interview with you on RELEVANT right now.