Tuesday, February 20, 2007

48 Hours

48 Hours. That's how long I had been home this year... until this morning, when I rolled in around 1:30 a.m., back from the tour of Florida, Belize, and Cozumel. It was wonderful, and I'll post the pictures soon, I promise.

Today I slept 8 hours (wheee!), unpacked, went through mail, wrote a little, and ran some errands. Because today is President's Day, I did not have to get up and park my car this morning (also wheee!).

Erin, Zac, Ashley, Jen, and I went to "Bro'in Out" at UCB tonight. What a great way to spend $5 -- laughing with friends for 90 minutes. Plus Zach Galifianakis and Demetri Martin were there. Perfect!

Then I came home to catch up on more work and all the Gothamist-ness that I missed today. My favorite quote from what I read: "It is always rude to bleed near someone" (from The Morning News Guide to Urban Etiquette). So true.
*

3 comments:

kateparker said...

thanks for writing your book. i'm half way through it and i'm a big fan.

love,kate
xanga.com/katefiveo

ss said...

Hey shouldn't that read Florida, Belize, and Cozumel and AIKEN

Jeanette said...

I know I never try to bleed next to anyone...they're right...it's just plain rude :) Glad to see you got home safe from the trip to the equator. And I had to look hard at my pictures, but thankfully I do not have one of the One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater :)