Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lucky To Know You

The release tour ended today. Five weeks, five thousand miles, and so, so much fun.

As I packed up my car in Anderson, South Carolina this afternoon, I put in a CD that Lee gave me, and I began the 12 hour trek to NYC. I got in around 3:30 a.m., feeling rather horrible from the drive. But as I emerged from the Holland Tunnel, Blue Merle's "Lucky To Know You" came on, and I shed a tear or two... not just because I'm happy to be home, but mostly, actually, because of all the wonderful friends I've left out there across America... I love you all so much and you bring me such joy. Thanks for joining me these past few weeks...

This is for you:

"Lucky To Know You"
(Blue Merle)

Friday morning all alone
One by one, the stars each say goodbye
Yeah pictures and a thousand words
A thousand miles turning into song

And I want you to know
I feel lucky to know you
Cut open my heart
And you'll see that it's true
I want you to know
I feel lucky to know you
I feel lucky to know you

Yeah summer fades into fall
And with it Came the writing on the wall
So I sent a thousand letters on the
Backs of silver angels through the sky

And I want you to know
I feel lucky to know you
Cut open my heart
And you'll see that it's true
I want you to know
I feel lucky to know you
I feel lucky to know you

I took a drive it's what I do
And wrote another song for you
The things we want, The things we crave
We have no choice, the choice is made

And I want you to know
I feel lucky to know you
Cut open my heart
And you'll see that it's true
I want you to know
I feel lucky to know you
I feel lucky to know you
I feel lucky to know...

Friday morning all alone
And one by one, the stars each say goodbye

1 comment: